KidKnits is very excited about our upcoming trunk show at Austin’s Ten Thousand Villages store. Ten Thousand Villages is the premier fair trade store in Austin, and they have been so gracious to host this event for us. What can people expect if they come by the store at 1317 S. Congress Avenue between 1:00 and 5:00 on Sunday October 9?
- Meet KidKnits founder Ellie and her dad, Steve, who is currently working as Executive Director of KidKnits
- Meet Diana Wiley, Executive Director of True Vineyard Ministries, our partner who employs all 21 widows in Rwanda and is the source of all of the KidKnits yarn!
- Learn how to knit your own KidKnits hat, with knitting demonstrations all afternoon long.
- Take in the amazing photography of Abbey Henderson, who traveled this summer to Rwanda with KidKnits and True Vineyard Ministries and caught the whole trip on film!
- Pick up a kit for a birthday present, a Christmas present, or for yourself! Or, buy some fair-trade yarn for the knitter in your life, knowing that each ball supports one widow in Rwanda and her family for one day!
- Enter a raffle to win a free KidKnits hat!
- Learn more about other fair trade products and partners of Ten Thousand Villages, and browse their store.
It’s an afternoon you won’t soon forget.